5 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
The beginning of a new year provides the perfect opportunity to advance your career. If you are starting a new job or looking to improve your current career prospects in 2018 you’ve come to the right place. These 5 simple lifestyle changes will put you on the right path to achieving your career goals:
- Be On Time: Punctuality is incredibly important when it comes to making a good impression on your managers and co-workers. When you show up five or ten minutes late, it reflects your lack of commitment. It also gives the impression that you have poor organizational skills. By being on time, you will do wonders for your reputation. You will also eliminate the stress that comes from running late. You will be surprised how much this small adjustment will help you advance your career.
- 2. Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle: One of the worst things you can do in your career is work so hard that you forget to take care of yourself. In fact, studies show that taking care of yourself by eating a healthy diet and exercising actually increases your productivity. Make it a goal in 2018 to strike a good work-life-balance. This will benefit your personal life and advance your career.
- Build Your Network: As you build your network by utilizing your professional-social skills you will create career opportunities. Make a goal in 2018 to make new connections or renew an old connection at least once a month. Staying active with social networking sites (such as LinkedIn and Google Plus), attending business social events and networking events within your industry will help you stay visible. Remember, not all job and career opportunities are listed. At Strategic Recruitment Solutions we are here to help you succeed in your career goals so make sure you keep in touch with us so that we can keep you posted on new opportunities.
- Develop A New Skill: A good way to advance your career is to learn something new or expand your skill set. Make it a goal in 2018 to identify what new skills you would like to learn. Then book yourself into classes or teach yourself using online tutorials. There are plenty of low-cost and flexible training opportunities on the market. You can attend full time or in your free time. Or maybe you want to improve your personal skills, in that case, you may want to read our 15 Tips to Gaining Likeability in the Workplace.
- Be More Organized: The start of a New Year is that perfect time to get everything in order. Once you organize everything, you can easily find what you are looking for and increase your productivity. Make it a goal to start 2018 with a clean inbox. This means organizing important emails into folders, deleting unnecessary emails, and unsubscribing from junk emails.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT STEP?
If you are ready to take the next step to advancing your career, call us today. At Strategic Recruitment Solutions, we believe in making the job search process a completely candidate friendly experience. So why not send us your confidential resume today and start the New Year off right. Upon receipt of your resume, we will then set up a face to face interview to discuss your goals. At Strategic Recruitment Solutions, we are here to give you an honest assessment of your resume and let you know how your goals fit into the current market.