SRS Insights is now On the Go - Click to play Digital Audio version.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has caused some instability and uncertainty for the workforce, the legal tech professional’s market continues to grow. According to legal tech news, companies and law firms are back to hiring legal technologists with the regularity and ferocity seen before the pandemic. It is anticipated that the demand for legal tech professionals will remain high due to the specific challenges of the pandemic.
Law firms are fully aware of how technology shapes law and the legal process. In response to the pandemic, law firms have had to become increasingly digital. In 2021, technology began transforming the legal industry at lightning speed. Some experts believe technology will innovate the entire law practice before the decade’s end. Here are a few of the current law office technology trends:
- Seamless communication and document automation – Law firms want to ensure that they are reachable and that their clients can sign documents electronically.
- Cybersecurity – As more work transitions to an online or virtual format, law firms will have to take a more active role in the security of their firms’ and their clients’ confidential information.
- Capturing data – Law firm want to capture more data and to have it be in a format that will transfer into more profit.
- Integration of cloud-based platforms – Implementing systems that help facilitate efficiency such as client portals.
- Digital interfaces from courts and government agencies – virtual filing, virtual conferences with judges and virtual trials.
If you are in the legal technology industry or work in a law firm’s tech department, the following are some useful pointers to advance your career.
Due to the rapid advancements in technology, those in the legal industry need to stay current. You can do this by following tech news and looking at legal blogs for updates as well as attending relevant seminars, webinars, and workshops.
Stay on Track
The legal tech industry is yet to have a clearly defined career path. However, by remaining aware of opportunities you can advance your career. Do not be afraid to ask your colleagues about the current trends in technology. Keep in contact with IT recruiters, and network in order to stay on track with your goals.
Be Passionate about Your Career.
You don’t have to know everything to be successful. For example, you don’t have to get a software degree to work in legal tech. What helps is if you are passionate about your career and willing to learn.
If you have the technological tools to solve the client’s issues while understanding the client’s legal needs, you will excel in this market.
At Strategic Recruitment Solutions, your success is our success. Our reputation for superior client satisfaction results from a tireless commitment to exceeding our clients’ objectives. We are the recruiting firm for top employers in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and the Gulf Region. Our recruiters will partner with you in your search for highly talented legal, management and technology hires. They will lend their industry knowledge, experience, tools, and technology to enhance your recruiting strategy. We have been matching top companies with top talent in the Gulf Region for more than a decade. Our focus is on building a long-term relationship with your company. Call us today at 888-366-6508. We can help you find the best candidate to join your legal or IT team.